Physical Accessibility Statement
The Inn is the owners’ residence and offers only a few rooms for rent. In addition, our building and stables are listed by the Massachusetts Historical Commission as an historic structure, namely the 1850 Homestead of Sea Captain Isaac H. Loveland. We are unable to provide fully handicap wheelchair accessible accommodations however since such alterations would destroy the historical significance of the property. During the course of future renovations we will consider additional improvements to accessibility for our guests and we are committed to doing what we reasonably can to make our property accessible.
We strive to assist guests who wish to visit our Inn regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we do this are:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities. (See Website Accessibility below)
- We have identified and described the features in our Inn and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our Inn meets their needs. See ADA Property Features for further information on the accessibility features of our property.
- We ensure that our most accessible guest room is held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that the specific most accessible rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make all rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide information concerning the features of our Inn and rooms.
- Guests with qualifying service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the Inn afforded to those without service animals.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 508-945-4688 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
Website Accessibility Statement
The Carriage House Inn is committed to making our website accessible to people with disabilities. We have designed our website and selected a compliant booking engine to be accessible for impaired users to see, navigate, interact and understand the content provided as per the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA). We will periodically test the functionality of this website with the achecker.ca tool and the Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool. We also test keyboard only functionality so that people who use screen readers or can’t use a mouse are able to navigate through the website pages efficiently. In addition, we have added to our online booking engine the UserWay widget to provide the best user experience tailored to a user’s own needs. We will continue to make every effort to meet evolving accessibility standards. If you find you are having difficulty determining availability or booking an accommodation via our online system, please contact us at the numbers or links below and we will be happy to assist you directly. As we continue to improve our website functionality, we appreciate your concerns and suggestions. We welcome impaired users to share accessibility issues you may find. Contact us at the links and numbers below.
Carriage House Inn
407 Old Harbor Road
Chatham MA 02633