Considering these economic times we thought it was a good moment to talk about all the free fun things to do in Chatham & Cape Cod….here are our favorites.Reserve your summer vacation now and take in a sunset, lighthouse tour, and ballgame!
1. Watch the sunset on Chatham’s Lighthouse Beach-bring a blanket and cuddle together as the sun goes down
2. Band Concerts-Friday nights all summer 8PM at the Band Stand in Chatham, singing for everyone
3. Chatham Lighthouse Tours-Wednesdays all summer 1:30-3:30PM-proper foot ware required
4. Enjoy a Chatham Anglers Game-this is the Cape’s baseball league, all games are free June 12-August 12, 2009
5. Cape Cod Rail Trail-enjoy biking on a paved bikeway that runs 28 miles from South Dennis to Wellfleet
6. Browse the shops of Main Street Chatham and take a peak in the Chatham Candy Manor where they make the world’s best home made fudge
7. Whales-the best place to spot whales is off of Race Point Beach in Provincetown-bring your binoculars
8. Bird Watching-Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge located in Chatham
9. Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory-offers complimentary tours Mon-Fri from 9-5, taste the best local potato chips
10. Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute-offers free tours of their behind the scenes science institute, M-F 10:30 and 1:30 late June early September
This is just a sampling of the many free things to do to enjoy the beauty and history of Chatham and Cape Cod.