Our Luxe Lodging Accommodations on Cape Cod
At the New Carriage House Inn, we strive to provide the Quintessential Cape Cod Boutique Inn extended-stay experience at Chatham’s best value luxury inn rates. All of our guest rooms have private exterior entrances, own garden sitting area or sundeck, individually controlled heat and A/C, and each has a luxe private bathroom freshly updated in 2019!
Our offices are now closed for renovations and reopen May 14, 2021. You can make online reservations for Spring, Summer & Fall 2021, and please email us at email@example.com, if you have any questions or need assistance while we are closed.
NEW Stress-Free Flexible Booking: If you BOOK DIRECT on this website and are not feeling well –or are just concerned about traveling– you can always postpone your stay at anytime up to 24 hours prior to your original arrival date by emailing us so we can either issue a Gift Certificate for a future visit –or let us re-book your same stay to a later date (your nightly rate may go up or down– depending on the new dates you choose). You can also opt to cancel for a full refund up until 14 days prior to arrival as well. Full refunds are also available anytime if government restrictions change after you book and prevent your traveling to the Inn and you email us to discuss the restriction.
NEW Minimum Stay Requirements: We do not offer short stays of less than 4 nights. Our new Minimum Stays ensure that our select group of Guests can leisurely explore the Cape & Islands without the constant arrival of other guests coming for just a night or weekend. Other inns may allow shorter stays but we think that disrupts our extended stay Guests’ much needed privacy and relaxation. Only because we require up to a 4 or 5-night minimum depending on the season, are we able to offer such amazing low rates for a Chatham luxe inn! There is so much to see and do from our perfect location on the “Elbow of the Cape” you will want time to experience it all– or perhaps just read and sunbathe on our beautiful Chatham beaches. For stays longer than 6 days, please email us in advance for personal assistance.
Room tips: Breathe easy here as we are a totally non-smoking/vaping property (inside and outside). We have a 2 person maximum occupancy per room and each room has one King or Queen Bed. We do not provide roll away beds. All rooms now have coffee & tea Keurig machines and most rooms have a small refrigerator–see Room Amenities for each Guest Room.
For the larger, very quiet Superior King Rooms with easy access, first floor private entries, just steps from the reserved guest parking, with walk-in showers with benches, modern flooring, fireplaces, small refrigerators and serene private gardens which are tucked away in the back of Captain Loveland’s Homestead one acre property, reserve one of the three King rooms in the adjacent historic C.1890 Carriage House: The Nauset Beach Room, The Monomoy Island Room and the Chatham Light Room. These rooms are preferred by our many honeymoon couples as well as our guests with more limited mobility, see ADA Property Features below.
If you want to be in the historic 1850 Main House with sun decks and lovely patios that front Old Harbor Road, and if you enjoy Greek Revival moldings and original restored floors of an historic Sea Captain’s home, then these rooms with new walk in showers on the second floor of the Main House, are your preferred choice: The Pleasant Bay Queen Room, the Oyster Pond King Room and the Stage Harbor King Room. This season, the Stage Harbor King Room has exclusive use of the Main House entrance and large Guest Lounge with fireplace– and also has its own small refrigerator. These rooms do have exterior and/or interior steps to climb to reach your private room entrance, and have original C.1850 narrow hallways and doors.
Parking: We provide one assigned free parking space per room for our guests only. Sorry we cannot accommodate any pick-up trucks. We have one designated large level handicap parking space.
Weddings: We now have a minimum nights stay requirement, and we do not “block rooms” or offer wedding party discounts as we are a small boutique inn. Please have your guests “Save the Date” after you have notified us of your plans and they can book their rooms direct as soon as possible. We do not currently offer elopement packages or catered event and party hosting.
Reservations: Are fast and easy to make online on this website. For direct bookings on this website we only take a 50% deposit (excluding taxes) upon booking with the remainder due 14 days prior to your arrival . We offer FREE CANCELLATION any time prior to 14 days before arrival. If you reserve here on our website and cancel on lesser than 14 days notice, we will refund your deposits if we can re-rent your room for your booked nights. Please also consider taking advantage of our New Flexible Booking to move your stay dates — or convert your stay to a Gift Certificate up to the day before your scheduled arrival. If you need to change or cancel a reservation please email us with your reservation number and we will be glad to assist you. While we are closed in the off-season, you can always email us to inquire about reserving a room–just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in is from 3pm-11pm and is totally touch free.
Staying Healthy & Serving Our Guests: Ensuring the health and well-being of our Guests is our top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and local and State requirements, the Inn has made changes to how we operate during the 2021 Season. In addition, we have adopted industry-leading health and safety guidelines based on recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other industry leaders.
The Inn’s interior dining rooms and all food services will be closed in 2021 to protect our staff, Guests and community. To safely serve our employees and Guests, we will implement the following changes for as long as advisable:
- Inn will be open for accommodations with each room having its own private dedicated entrance and private patio/deck to support recommended social distancing practices.
- We will offer an expedited “Touch-less Check-in & Check-out” process with your Key and Welcome Package waiting for you at your exterior guest room entrance door in the white container or hanging basket.
- Whenever available, upon arrival, we will provide a Free Automatic Upgrades to our best rooms with private entrances to provide more “social distancing.”
- Since our Common Areas, Self-Serve Snack & Drink Stations, and Dining Rooms will be closed, the Inn will not be offering any breakfast, dining or other food service in 2021 and our rates have been substantially reduced accordingly. There are wonderful breakfast options within easy walking distance and each room has a coffee & tea maker.
- All Guest Assistance is available via Text.
- Hand Sanitizing stations have been placed at the entrances for everyone’s frequent use and masks and gloves are available on request.
- Each Guest room now includes our Signature Club Classic Hand Sanitizer and Disinfectant Spray.
- We offer stringent cleaning and disinfecting practices that helped earn our AAA “Best in Housekeeping” 2020 Award, including sanitizing all keys, touch surfaces and bedding between check-ins. We have cancelled some reservations to ensure a 24 hour buffer between stays to disinfect and clean each room between check ins. All of our bedding and linens are washed between check-ins.
- Daily Housekeeping Service is suspended for safety of the Guests and Staff but an extra sets of fresh towels and toiletries are provided in each guest room. Staff will wear masks and gloves when interacting with Guests or cleaning the Inn.
- We have updated our Health & Safety Policy below which Guests should review when booking a stay and before arrival.
- Book Direct Guests can always opt to cancel for a full refund at any time if government restrictions prevent your travel to the Inn and you email us to discuss the restriction, or for any reason up to 14 days prior to arrival.
*COVID 19 WARNING: Despite enhanced safety practices, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people gather. Covid 19 is an extremely contagious disease that can cause severe illness and death. Senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our Inn, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to Covid 19.
ADA PROPERTY FEATURES
The Inn is the owners’ residence and offers only a few rooms for rent. In addition, due to the historic nature of our buildings as described in our Physical Accessibility of Accommodations Policy below, we are unable to provide fully handicap accessible lodging. However, below is a list of the accessibility features we are able to offer. Please contact us directly for more information about accessibility. We provide ADA compliant tactile Braille signage for our rooms and exits and a member of our staff can converse in basic sign language.
Parking & Loading
- There is an adjacent aisle for loading and unloading and a designed handicap parking space near the front entrance that does not block traffic.
- The parking area is a level surface (the driveway is packed pebbles and the path leading to front entrance is smooth stone pavers).
- We also have a designated large level handicap packed pebble stone parking space adjacent to the Stables rooms suitable for large vans.
- Three of our rooms in the adjacent 1890 Stables building (Nauset, Monomoy & Chatham Light) have their own first floor private entrances from the outside.
- Our Nauset Beach Room is reserved for guests with disabilities and will not be otherwise rented unless all other Carriage House Building rooms (Superior King Rooms) are rented first. If you do not have accessibility or other disability needs, please select another Superior King Room, if available. If you do not meet the ADA requirements for this room, we reserve the right to move you to another unit without your permission to accommodate customers with qualifying disabilities.
- These three rooms have wide crushed shell and packed stone entry paths and a two step rise to enter.
- These rooms are close to designated parking spaces and have room to load and unload in front of the rooms.
Building Entrances & Lobby
- Our Main Entrance has four steps with a handrail leading to the original c.1850 front door and narrow original interior entry doorways.
- Our Lobby is located on the ground floor.
Interior Routes & Common Spaces
- Common spaces (i.e. Dining Rooms and Guest Lounge) are all on the first floor.
- We have no Guest Rooms in the Main House on the ground level–the Guest Rooms (Pleasant Bay, Stage Harbor & Oyster Pond) are up the main staircase on the second floor.
- Our 1890 Stables Rooms (Nauset, Monomoy & Chatham Light) are our most accessible rooms though they are not fully handicap accessible due to two entry steps, narrow original interior doors and hallways and smaller bathroom spaces. See the room details for each which describe their accessibility features.
- We do not have drinking fountains, public telephones, or elevators.
- We have one small common restroom facility on the ground floor of the Main House located on a narrow original hallway.
- Our Captain’s Parlor Room is located on the first floor of the Main House with a wide double door interior entry.
- Our Outdoor Patio area is accessible on the ground level from the level rear lawn of the property.